Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone love the old beige boxen?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu Development Release

Re: Anyone love the old beige boxen?

Quote Originally Posted by TheFu View Post
    When I left, they were still discussing it 2 yrs later. Non-technical people equate more CPUs with ... er ... better. Yeah, that's the word.
    I know that feeling, and how do you reply to that, seriously.....?
    With realization of one's own potential and self-confidence in one's ability, one can build a better world.
    Dalai Lama>>
    Code Tags | System-info | Forum Guide lines | Arch Linux, Debian Unstable, FreeBSD

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

My 80 year old mother wants an old beige box. She has a tote full of games she used to play on Windows 98. I see a lot of people using old computers as retro gaming machines these days.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate

This little jewel actually may be useful still, it has a dual core Pentium D and Windows Media addition. Of course you wouldn't want to take it on the internet, but it could function as a HTPC.
    The unique part of this machine is that it has had almost no usage. A friend gave it to me, belonged to her husband. It was in the original packaging, the PC had only been turned on briefly, the IE browser had never been opened, no personal files in the file system. Since I've had it I put it in dual boot with Debian, wishing to keep the original windows install as a...an "interesting" legacy feature.

gateway.jpg
    Asrock Z590 Extreme |Intel Core i5-11400F|G.Skill Ripjaws 32GB| RTX 2060 |Ubuntu 24.04 LTS
    GIGABYTE B560M AORUS PRO|Intel Core i5-11400F|G.Skill Ripjaws 32GB|GeForce RTX 3060 | ArcoLinux

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12